These aren’t healthy, but they’re good. And fast and easy.
- Throw 1 cup of butter and 1 1/4 cups of packed brown sugar into the stand mixer and let ‘er rip until smooth.
- Add a dash of vanilla and 2 eggs and mix some more.
- Dump in 3 cups of large flake oats, 1 1/3 cups of whole wheat flour, 1 tsp of baking soda and a decent pinch of salt and mix yet again. (Sure, you can combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl first and add them to the wet all at once, Martha, but I don’t bother and they turn out fine.)
- When it looks like cookie dough, add 1 cup of chocolate chips or raisins, if you’re weird, and mix just enough to distribute them evenly.
- Roll the dough into golf ball-sized balls and bake a few (at 350° for 10 minutes) to gorge upon now, but stick the rest into the freezer and bake whenever needed. Like, say, tomorrow and the next day and every day thereafter until they’re gone.